Frank Lee, Executive Chef Slightly North of Broad in Charleston, South Carolina
- ½ cup + 1 Tbl red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbl + 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbl garlic, finely minced
- 1 red onion, finely minced
- 2 bell peppers, finely diced
- 4 stalks celery, finely diced
- 3 cucumbers, finely diced
- 3 large tomatoes, finely diced
- 6 Tbl Arbequina extra virgin olive oil
Macerate onion and garlic with red wine vinegar. Add bell peppers then celery and cucumbers. Cut the outer flesh from the tomatoes and finely dice. Seed and juice the rest of the tomatoes, then finely dice. Mix all ingredients, including West Coast Products Olive Oil, together. Chill.
Option: Add 1 bunch of mint, parsley or cilantro, each finely chopped. Can use each individually or in any combination.